Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TFT-28/32 on Trigorilla board? Anyone?

Posted by StlLooking 
TFT-28/32 on Trigorilla board? Anyone?
January 27, 2019 10:36AM
Hi, had to put the Trigorilla Board (TB ) back in the Anycubic Delta as the smoothie software is hopeless.

I am missing the touch-screen and now wondering if there is a way to use it with the TB.

The TB has an Aux set of jumper-pins with Vcc, Gnd, Tx and Rx but not sure if that can be used or how to do it if it can.

Does anyone have information on hooking the TFT-28 or TFT-32 to the TB?

I have watched some videos using a RAMPS board and TFT, but not sure if the TB has the pins-out to suit the TFT connection and/or protocols.

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 10:38AM by StlLooking.
Re: TFT-28/32 on Trigorilla board? Anyone?
January 27, 2019 12:41PM
Did you know that RepRapFirmware now runs on Smoothieware-compatible boards? [github.com] and [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 28, 2019 10:50AM
Thanks,

But, JoVo appears to be having many issues at this time and he has the same MKS board I am using. It seems to be presenting more problems than it is offering benefits.
[reprap.org]

A little later on he mentions "6-hours" running OK as a good thing. I have gone back to Marlin 1.1.9 on the Trigorilla (TB ) for stability not excitement. smiling smiley

Also the BL-Touch issue seems pretty flaky at best right now. I have a coupe of other sensors (limit-switch and Proximity) I could use but slamming them into the build plate when testing is not high on my list.

I do not have the knowledge or electronics skills to master these issues, so the TB is it for now as it is working just fine. I just printed a bunch of TPU items at 40mm/s and very happy to do so.

So, having the TFT work with the TB is still the preferred option -- if someone can help me.
January 29, 2019 07:44AM
dc42
Did you know that RepRapFirmware now runs on Smoothieware-compatible boards? [github.com] and [reprap.org].

No it does not -- well, not yet. It is still in the way too early stages of working. Currently it is not a viable alternative.

I managed to get the LCD-12864 screen back-light on, the TFT32 boots, but neither are seeing the MKS-SBASE v1.3 ports. There are no actual installation instructions other than being directed to wiki-stuff, none of which is directly related to the MKS-SBASE board. [reprap.org] I cannot even get a list of the files that are needed on the SD card.

I have no doubt very good work is being done on this issue, but at the moment, unless one is very technically knowledgeable it is out of the range of the average relatively experienced 3D printer user. I have asked if someone would post all of the working files needed to at least test just the software install on the board and all I get is "read the wiki."

Which, as I have just stated does not relate directly to the MKS. I will look back in there in a few months, but for now at least, RepRapFirmare is a non-starter for me and the MKS-SBASE board.
January 30, 2019 03:06AM
StlLooking

No it does not -- well, not yet. It is still in the way too early stages of working. Currently it is not a viable alternative.

I managed to get the LCD-12864 screen back-light on, the TFT32 boots, but neither are seeing the MKS-SBASE v1.3 ports. There are no actual installation instructions other than being directed to wiki-stuff, none of which is directly related to the MKS-SBASE board. [reprap.org] I cannot even get a list of the files that are needed on the SD card.

I have no doubt very good work is being done on this issue, but at the moment, unless one is very technically knowledgeable it is out of the range of the average relatively experienced 3D printer user. I have asked if someone would post all of the working files needed to at least test just the software install on the board and all I get is "read the wiki."

Which, as I have just stated does not relate directly to the MKS. I will look back in there in a few months, but for now at least, RepRapFirmare is a non-starter for me and the MKS-SBASE board.

This is not an IKEA furniture !

I and certainly others who installed RRF on MKS started with this wiki ! The SD card file structure is in the first page !
Be lucky, most issues have been solved and it is so far OK.
To port RRF is a "courtesy" of the RRF peoples, do your part and don't ask they, in addition, provide more for a board from a company that doesn't even participate in their efforts.

Besides, reading and learning from the wiki will give you a good understanding and makes you able to go further, choose, adapt the functionality you need on your own.
There are plenty of different machines and I am pretty sure none are identical to yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 03:09AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
January 30, 2019 06:36AM
MKSA
To port RRF is a "courtesy" of the RRF peoples, do your part and don't ask they, in addition, provide more for a board from a company that doesn't even participate in their efforts.

Just to be clear, the port to LPC1768/69-based hardware was not done by me or my colleagues, it was done independently by user sdavi on this forum. But I supported him (although he didn't need much help) and I have been gradually merging his LPC processor support into the source code for RRF in my github repository, to make it easier for him to keep his fork up to date with new versions of RRF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 06:37AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 30, 2019 07:09AM
The TFT screens just speak serial using gcode, you just need to match the baud rate

connection up power tx0/rx0 and a gnd is electrically enough

Warnings:

Some TFT's say not RAMPS, this seems to be a not 5v tolerant version. (Trigorilla board is a 5v board)

The TFT uses a lot of power, ramps doesn't supply enough current, don't know about your board, best to just use a external supply.

It looks like tx0 and rx0 is not available on any connector according to this image [www.xcsource-pic.com] But you do have access to tx3 and rx3 (also known as d14 and d15) . But to use these you need to change the serial port from 0 to 3 in your firmware. NB this disables the USB for gcode. It now must come from the TFT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 07:14AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login