Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commercial/Industrial 3D Printer?

Posted by PDBeal 
Commercial/Industrial 3D Printer?
February 01, 2019 01:49PM
So, I'm looking at purchasing a commercial grade or industrial grade 3D printer for the company I currently work for. I've printed a few object on my own highly upgraded Smartrapcore ALU printer for the company and that's what has sparked their interest in a machine. I've had experience with the Stratasys uPrint SE machines at a former employer, and the machine was what I'd refer to as idiot proof, it's entire setup is bloated and un-necessary with support material, coded material cartridges, and how it had to use a sonic chemical bath to dissolve support material.

So, what commercial / industrial grade machines are readily available?

This would have to be something with a decent build size (approx 12" x 12" x 12-24"; but this is arbitrarily selected and could be smaller), have little to zero issues with the first layer adhesion without being squashed, something that won't warp during printing, and be capable of printing PLA, ABS, Nylon, and some of the other high quality filaments (metal, carbon fiber, wood, etc). Does any such machine exist? Does the Ultimaker 5 fit this type of setup, or would there still be issues setting the first layer, etc... At this point, there isn't any budget behind this machine so nothing's out of the question. We're not interested in building a custom machine or putting together a kit and it needs to be a fully supported commercial machine.
Re: Commercial/Industrial 3D Printer?
February 07, 2019 08:12AM
[formlabs.com]

Our R&D has one since about 6 month
February 08, 2019 12:32AM
I bought a Intamasys Funmat HT for our machine shop at work to make fixtures and tool organizers. It's basically a fully enclosed Ultimaker with 90c chamber cabability and a 160c bed. Direct drive extruder, ball screw Z and 450c hotend (includes a lower temp hotend). It really shines with ABS and PC. Does all the lower temp plastics well. Trinamic drivers and over all built well. The company was initially funded by DJI (of quadcopter fame) so I would think they will be around for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 12:32AM by Bill Clark.
February 10, 2019 06:24PM
I believe the ideal printer matching this description is the KODAK Portrait. It has a closed chamber, remote web monitoring and operation, dual hotends (lifting) capable of printing up to 300C, prints Nylon really well, fully automatic, etc etc. Take a look at [www.smart3d.tech]. They also make some kickass filaments!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login