Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cura print order

Posted by Cougar281 
Cura print order
March 15, 2019 10:22AM
I didn't see a folder for Cura, so I figured this would be the best place for my question.

Is there a way to make Cura print objects in a specific order that I'm missing? In past versions, once I placed all objects on the build plate, I could move things around and getting them printing when and where I wanted, but that behavior seems to have changed in 3.6, as each time I move items around, the object print order changes and I can't get it to print in the order that I want. It's driving me crazy. I know exactly how my printer prints, where each piece needs to be to not have the print head or carriage crash into a previous piece, but Cura just won't let me do it.
Re: Cura print order
March 23, 2019 06:03AM
I can't help you with your specific question (I use S3D mainly), but isn't there an option for gantry height where you set the size of the "keep-out zone/collision zone" for your print head, and then let cura automatically set print order to avoid crashes?

Moreover, I've come to the conclusion that it's generally better to print things one at a time (assuming you'll be near the printer to harvest the bed and start over - and that the parts aren't so small that doing one-at-a-time increases the per-part time due to the minimum cooling time per layer coming into play). The advantages are that if a print fails you don't throw away a whole bed of prints, and there's less retractions and therefore less wear on the bowden tube and less issues with stringing and blobbing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login