Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change Delta lateral start position?

Posted by StlLooking 
Change Delta lateral start position?
April 16, 2019 11:42AM
Hi, what can I do to move the center-position on my Delta?

Most of what I print is a max of around 4" x 4" in base size. I have well worn patch in the centre of the bed and I'd like to make the thing think that the centre of it's world (X=0, Y=0) is offset to the side somewhere so that it can wear out another patch.

I know I can offset it in the slicer but half the time I forget (old and tired brain) smiling smiley .

What can I set in Marlin 1.1.9 to do this on a semi-permanent basis until I want to move the wear spot somewhere else?

Thanks
Re: Change Delta lateral start position?
April 17, 2019 12:48PM
That sounds to me like a thing to change in your slicer, just dont auto center your parts or change your center point in the slicer settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2019 12:49PM by sungod3k.
April 17, 2019 02:39PM
Thanks, I had already tried everything I could find in Cura 3.6 and 4.0 to offset the centre. I will now go ask on the Cura forum, but I may be stuck with manually repositioning it before slicing. Thanks anyway.
April 17, 2019 03:36PM
I suggest you check whether the build of Marlin you are using allows you to set either tool offsets or workplace coordinate offsets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2019 03:40PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2019 06:15PM
Marlin 1.1.9:

Not that I can find for a Delta. There are probe offsets but it assumes that any "normal" person would want the print in the centre of the bed.

I was about to peel off the very ratty build surface then realized that 80% of it is still pristine, so why not use it.

Then I started moving it in Cura before Slicing -- when I remember that is. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login