Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another idea about making circuit boards...

Posted by bartlee45 
Another idea about making circuit boards...
April 03, 2007 11:18PM
This is naturally post 1.0. I would like to propose an idea about circuit construction that could be done by hand initially and through more automated methods later. The idea combines earlier efforts to create channels to extrude molten metals into with something I saw on Discover about Eye Glasses manufacturing. The idea is to lay pieces of copper forming traces into the channels in place of liquid metal. Initally you could form them by hand and place them in the channels, making tiny loops for the components leads to slide into. The wires could be kept in place by drops of extruded plastic similar to glue guns. Some ideas for forming the metal could be like how metal frames are formed. A metal stock is driven through forming rollers that shape the metal to desired shape and then cut them off and into the bin. In our case we would want to run continuous traces forming tiny loops or something similar that would be laid into the traces. This certainly isn't as elegant as other methods, but is something I can envision done by hand initially that could give viable results. We know that wire can conduct! Just food for thought. I know we have lots of smart people out there and someone might get a better idea from something I've said. Just wanted to throw it out there smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login