Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost a build....... sad smiley

Posted by aamcle 
Lost a build....... sad smiley
May 25, 2019 06:08AM
I saw a build I'm interested in a month or more ago and needless to say I've lost the link and can't find it. Big G keeps trying to sell me kits and finished printers, SEO's have a lot to answer for!

The build frame was square section aluminium (19 or 25mm) tube with printed joints it looked both solid and something I could build with the toolling I have.

If you know the one please post the link or if you know it to make a poor printer please say so.

Many Thanks All. Aamcle
Re: Lost a build....... sad smiley
May 25, 2019 06:24AM
[reprap.org] ??
or [reprap.org] ??

not really a lot to go on...

you don't want a poor printer, but perhaps a cheap one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 06:25AM by Dust.
May 25, 2019 06:51AM
I know that's why I can't find it again!!

The frame was a full box rather than an i3 style.

I'd like to build with 2020/3030 type extrusion but in the UK that class of extrusion is very expensive but I can get square section for 1/4 or less of the price smiling smiley

Atb. Aamcle
May 25, 2019 07:22AM
Did you look at the second link?

its a cube... of square alu

t-slot is very rare and expensive here also... and costly to ship.
You are near a large land mass, should be easy to get...
May 25, 2019 07:45AM
I am not sure about the shipping cost for the UK but motedis.com has a pretty sweet deal on extrusions if you ask me. Cheap shipping as well to the Netherlands for me, so the UK might be similar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 07:45AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
May 25, 2019 07:51AM
Thanks, that second link looks good, I suspect that I had been looking one of the lower numbers and I'll check motedis link.

Thank you both.

Aamcle
May 25, 2019 10:20AM
just how cheap do you want your build to be? I find an axis cost about £50 to build which ever way I do it, sure I could probably shave a little more off each by using more printed parts but £50 is a good round number, how much do you want to spend on the cube.
May 25, 2019 12:32PM
I have no fixed budget in mind, I have most of the parts except the frame so a few hundred at most.

Aamcle
May 25, 2019 04:10PM
a few hundred on the frame? how much you have left to be considering tube or box section.
May 25, 2019 05:01PM
I have a power supply and most of the other components, electonics, hotend, extruder and so on. I'll be stripping one of my current machines, an old CTC ( one of two identical printers) that I have fitted a MKS Gen board/kipper to.

I hate that machine it's just seems to have been designed to be as frustrating as possible to work on even tightening a belt is a drama.

So I need a frame, some rods/bearings and I can print the bits, if all goes well eventual I'll put an all metal hotend in it but that's a way off.

Aamcle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 05:07PM by aamcle.
May 25, 2019 10:34PM
Unless your really trying to do it on the cheap just invest in the profile, keep your eye out for secondhand it does turn up in the UK, and if your not going for the cube you wont need too many pieces, then maybe down the line extend it to a cube, unless your really looking to make something fast. I have a cube in 3030 but still not finished it, as the other machines took priority for some reason. The Cube is about 400mm square, and you know how many pieces make up the cube, I could make more printers with it than one cube, and i'm mulling over extending it as I have 4x2m lengths left over, it was a tall cabinet I got for £25, and there where four other 400mm pieces left over which are used in other machines, and if I replace some of the parts from the cube to extend, i'll rescue four 400mm pieces for other use, the great thing is it's going to last a lifetime and no need to drill things.
May 26, 2019 05:28PM
Maybe Folgertech FT-5

[folgertech.com]

confused smiley
ECJ
May 26, 2019 05:51PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login