Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to upgrade a "German RepRap Neo 3D" for ABS?

Posted by Tobias Claren 
Is it possible to upgrade a "German RepRap Neo 3D" for ABS?
June 08, 2019 06:22AM
Hello.

I do not know which subforum fits better.

It's about a "German RepRap Neo 3D".
Is it possible to upgrade this for ABS?
Re: Is it possible to upgrade a "German RepRap Neo 3D" for ABS?
June 08, 2019 06:41AM
Anything is possible if you have infinite resources..

First thing I would do is identify the electronics used... see if it can take a heated bed...

Is the firmware source available? As you need this to enable the heated bed... or you will have to install new firmware from scratch.

Your also going to need a much better power supply to heat a heated bed
June 08, 2019 08:07AM
Definitely possible, since the machine already comes with a boxed-in design.

However, you will probably need to replace the hotend and change the print surface to a heated bed like Dust explained.

Here is some explanation on how to place an E3D lite hotend in the NEO:
[wiki.e3d-online.com]

Judging by the manufacturers website they don't care about the people that bought a NEO, there is no documentation available anymore about this machine. If you could show an image of the motherboard, maybe we can find out what type of controller is in there.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 08, 2019 08:33AM
Are you sure that you need to print ABS? PETG is less demanding (for example, it doesn't need a warm chamber) and it is suitable for many applications that PLA isn't suitable for.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 19, 2020 11:12AM
It's not only abs.... but asa also works best with the heated chamber and so does petg actually, pet and other plastics like pp and ht stuff .... if you want to make mechanically valid parts not just decorations then you need an enclosure ... polycarbonate, pom all the blends. I also have a neo and I ordered a silicone heated matt (250 watts) a heating element to place inside and a ledge x board with a 3. touchscreen, raspberry pi for octorprint and 2 MOSFETs + solid state relay .... it will be an awesome little HT machine. probably use a HT all metal hotend with a bondtech direct drive extruder. hot smiley Also will drill a hole to get a cheap filtering fan unit to filter the toxic fumes of some filaments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 11:14AM by ormerodnewb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login