Anyone using Anycubic filaments?
August 12, 2019 01:06AM
So, I see Anycubic filament advertised on eBay. From what I can tell Anycubic makes a lot of stuff from printers to print surfaces, and I guess filament. Does anyone have any experience with their ABS or PETG filament?
Re: Anyone using Anycubic filaments?
August 12, 2019 08:01AM
Looking back at all the filaments I purchased, the finding is that the only filament that was purchased an was bad was on the smaller 6.5 inch spools.

And is was not the fact that the filament was bad it would just break while printing because if was too tightly wrapped around the smaller spools.
I did find a partial fix by building a heated chamber I could get most of the filament off the spool but it still would break causing failed prints.
This is the reason I designed, build and re-configured my firmware for use with a Filament Run-out Sensor for my 3D Printers.

Like I said, looked back to see what was paid for filament and the most ever was $14.19 per roll for a lot of 3 spools choose your colors.
Purchased 3 Sets of 3 rolls because it was the best price buying only 3 rolls at a time, purchased three orders. making the price $14.19 per roll with discount.

Currently Anycubic has Brown, Gold and Pink selling for $11.90 will need to check my stock of these colors.

Halloween is coming up may get a roll of each and use the existing stock for trick or treats fidgets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 08:08AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
August 12, 2019 08:11AM
Thanks for the info. Kind of curious though how a heated chamber helped the problem of the filament breaking due to being wound too tight?
August 12, 2019 08:44AM
I can not explain, just know that brand new filament right out of the vacuum seal will break when the filament reaches the shorter turning radius on the smaller roll of filament.

Have never had this problem with the 8 inch rolls of filament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 08:46AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login