Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about ABL and BLTouch.

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
Question about ABL and BLTouch.
August 14, 2019 02:46PM
I use hair spray on my bed and something I am wondering is how can ABL work with that? I would think that the ABL would just sit on top and the spray may be low in spots and adjust down to that level so simply doing a Z compensation would be a very bad thing as it would scrap into the glass in spot and in others would be what I need.

How do people work with this since we want the print to go into the spray but not through the glass?

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: Question about ABL and BLTouch.
August 15, 2019 12:14AM
Use a ABL method than can save the results to eeprom, and only probe when the bed it clean every now and again.

your argument is flawed

you probe it hits glass, takes a measurement, next probe hits spray, takes a measurement.. The average of these is always higher than the glass!
Re: Question about ABL and BLTouch.
August 15, 2019 12:36AM
Dust
Use a ABL method than can save the results to eeprom, and only probe when the bed it clean every now and again.

your argument is flawed

you probe it hits glass, takes a measurement, next probe hits spray, takes a measurement.. The average of these is always higher than the glass!
Good to know but the bed changes so is best to do each time. Average could be anywhere since the pray is never going to be dead flat. Ugh.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login