Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our company exists thanks to 3D printing

Posted by Hatmpatn 
Our company exists thanks to 3D printing
August 22, 2019 12:04PM
Hello! I've been a Reprapper since 10 years back and me and my brother loved to build 3D printers from scratch in our parents garage.
Some time later he came up with a great idea to help photographers access their lenses a little bit easier. If it wasnt for 3D printing the idea surely would have ended up in just some drawings lying on a shelf somewhere.
But he started 3D printing some iterations of it and he could prove that the invention would work.
So he created a Kickstarter campaign, with only a few 3D printed prototypes to show the audience.

The campaign was a success and we had to get things going. The final product(injection molded) would turn out to be very time consuming for us to assemble. And since we both loved watching automated factory tours on YouTube, we decided to build our own, 3D printed, robots.

So today we are able to manage a successful company that assembles and ships our own products around the world, with only 3 employees.

All thanks to 3D printing!

So if you find this interesting, check out our video tour below. It will show you a little glimpse of our robots. And if you want to ask me anything about them, write a question in this thread.

Inside Frii - A Kickstarter Success

Best regards Hampus Lundin
Re: Our company exists thanks to 3D printing
August 22, 2019 12:28PM
Nice automate ! Reminds me when I started !

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login