Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using ov7670 camera with Marlin M240 GCode

Posted by Maany 
using ov7670 camera with Marlin M240 GCode
September 02, 2019 04:35AM
hello all,

I am trying to use ov7670 camera (picture attached) with my printer, but i'm unable to figure out how, the "#define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN 23" is for emulating a Canon IR Remote, my ov7670 camera does not need a remote.

how can i do that ?!?

Printer :
custom built (Anet A8)
Ramps 1.4 + Arduino Mega 2560
Marlin 1.1.x
Attachments:
open | download - ov7670-camera-module-without-fifo-500x500.jpg (32.9 KB)
VDX
Re: using ov7670 camera with Marlin M240 GCode
September 02, 2019 04:56AM
... the camera is maintained by a software on the PC - you only have to setup a pin/trigger to take snapshots or to start/stop video recording or live-streams ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 02, 2019 05:14AM
This is rather impractical...

firstly the camera module is 3.3v the ramps/mega is 5v (makes it harder)
Secondly the camera module is just that a module, you need to read all the picture data from the module and do something with it.
The mega2560 does not have enough resources to do this and control a 3d printer. In theory you could send the image and continue, but it is slow..
What do you envisage doing with the image data?

Vs just sending a signal to a camera a take a picture, a real camera automatically saves the image to what ever media it has.

If you really want to do this use a second mega to control the camera like this [circuitdigest.com]
Then you can easily modify gcode M240 to just send one pulse to the second mega to take a picture... The second mega would be setup to save the image data on a SD card...

Or use a raspberry PI or a computer to control the camera...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 05:30AM by Dust.
September 02, 2019 09:46AM
I use an old cell phone with a cracked screen (and 24 megapixel camera) with an android app called Open Camera to take high resolution pictures every two minutes. The pictures are automatically backed up to google photos where I can check on print progress from anywhere with my phone or computer. If I want I can use the image sequence to make a timelapse video. No commercials, no subscriptions, and very high image quality capable.

Details on the set-up here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 09:47AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 05, 2019 05:22AM
Awesome idea the_digital_dentist , i think i will go with it and use the camera module for something else,
September 05, 2019 05:22AM
Thanks VDX and Dust for the clarification.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login