Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d Printer from Nema 23 and TB6560

Posted by ambros 
3d Printer from Nema 23 and TB6560
September 14, 2019 03:47PM
Hi guys, I am working on 3d printer in which I am using NEMA 23 to drive my all axis. For the drive, I am using ball screw having 7 threads per inch. The motor modal is 23HS6403. The reason for choosing those motors is because this is going to be a 3 in 1 CNC build. To run and control 3d printers electronics I have to use ramps because without ramp it would be very difficult to remap everything. So the main problem arises is that if I use A4988 they are not sufficient enough to provide 2.5 amps to both the coils and same things happens with DRV8825, not a big difference between both of them. They can turn the motors but if I go fast like over 25mm/sec it starts to skip the steps and the whole prints shifts over the entire place. Then I purchase TB6560 single-axis drivers. Now the problem becomes much worse. Although I am able to rotate the motors at the faster speed. When it comes to print the motor creates a humming sound and loses steps in X and Y axis, I didn't test the Z-axis it works well because it had to tale a small step and in those movements, it didn't lose steps. But I am sure if I start to do some 3D carving the Z-axis will definitely skip the steps. So I wanted to know, what settings should I make so that those motors run easily without creating humming sound and skipping the steps. When it creates humming sound it skips the steps. Below here I am attaching a link of my youtube video and you can clearly hear that humming sound and movement stops during that course. for the print, I am printing Benchy boat which is hardly around 3 inches and you can see that printer header move way too far, you can notice that in Y-axis as well. Please Help me!!!!!!
Youtube Video of that problem
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (69.1 KB)
Re: 3d Printer from Nema 23 and TB6560
September 14, 2019 04:55PM
The main issue with using external drivers is that you need to extend the stepper motor pulse time, pulse interval, and sometimes the direction setup and hold times too.

It's a shame you didn't use a Duet WiFi or Duet Ethernet instead of Arduino/RAMPS. A Duet will drive those Nema 23 motors directly, and it supports both 3D printers and CNC machines in the same firmware binary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2019 04:56PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 15, 2019 12:47AM
Hey buddy thanks for the reply, but the solution is way too costly, I saw people on the internet running the motors with mega 2560 and 6560 or 6600. If you knew any setting work best with those please tell. I am not experienced in this work and I didn't even knew about that board which you tell, if I knew about that I will definitely prefer that but now I already spent too much onto the parts which I already purchased. So have you any solution with those electronics and marlin firmware I will be thankful to you for that favour.
September 15, 2019 02:08AM
I haven't used Marlin firmware for years, but I think it has compile time configuration options to adjust the stepper motor pulse timings. Someone else may be able to give you the details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2019 02:09AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 15, 2019 02:29AM
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 60, 60, 60, 25 }

is probably way to high for leadscrews

try #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 6, 6, 6, 25 }

This is the issue with trying to make a machine do more than one thing... you need strong slow movements for cnc and fast movement for a 3d printer.
All multi devices are bad at all features vs a machine that is good at one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2019 02:31AM by Dust.
September 15, 2019 03:57AM
also in Conditionals_post.h is the following values you can adjust, but since its is moving, I suspect its not these
These are what get set when you chose a Driver type...

#if HAS_DRIVER(TB6560)
#define MINIMUM_STEPPER_DIR_DELAY 15000
--
#if HAS_DRIVER(TB6560)
#define MINIMUM_STEPPER_PULSE 30
--
#if HAS_DRIVER(TB6560)
#define MAXIMUM_STEPPER_RATE 15000
September 15, 2019 05:19AM
Yes buddy I tried those settings as well and even tweak them slightly higher and lower as well. The problem didn't fixed. Even changing the value of baudrate didn't help either. Although there are few values on which it didn't work at all. But I saw people built CNC with Arduino and TB6560. If that worked well then why with the ramps board it's didn't go that well. Even I tried those baud rate and pulse settings which used in grbl but still no luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login