Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High temperature two-part silicone

Posted by Garry Bartsch 
High temperature two-part silicone
October 04, 2019 02:09PM
I would really like to buy the high temperature two-part silicone Stefan (CNC Kitchen) used on his silicone sock video. It's made by Troll Factory in Germany and they don't ship outside Europe. Can anyone suggest how I could get this to Canada? Or does anyone know of a similar product in North America? I have searched without much success. I really hate it when one can't buy special products that do exist.

[trollfactory.de]

New browser from the creator of Opera: [vivaldi.com]
Re: High temperature two-part silicone
October 04, 2019 04:50PM
Here's what I've used to make them.

https://www.smooth-on.com/products/mold-max-60/

Amazon also sells the trial size kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Mold-High-Resistant-Silicone-Rubber/dp/B00IZNNIU8

It's shore hardness is higher than the one you linked, so it'll be harder.

My 3D Printing YouTube Channel
Better Living Through 3D Printing

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter
Instagram
Twitter
October 04, 2019 06:47PM
Thanks for writing. My use is for something other than the silicone sock. I have used Mold Star 15 and at Shore 15A it's softer than I would like but I hesitated to try the Mold Max 60 because wasn't sure that Shore 60A was soft enough but maybe I need to try it. The Troll Factory material is Shore 33A and it doesn't look too hard according to Stefan's video. It's difficult to tell without trying.

[www.smooth-on.com]

October 04, 2019 06:50PM
I am presently trying fireplace silicone caulk which is good to 315C but it's viscous and doesn't slow; I must force the silicone into the mold and that means capturing small, deep, details is difficult.

October 05, 2019 02:22AM
McMaster Carr carries Shore 40A two part silicone casting compound. Unfortunately, I've heard they only ship via UPS, which can be hideously expensive going to Canada.

[www.mcmaster.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 02:22AM by LoboCNC.
October 05, 2019 01:43PM
Thank you. That McMaster-Carr stuff looks very good. But it itself isn’t cheap. I'm not able to order from McMaster-Carr anymore (they said security reasons and the last order was a mess) but have a friend with an old account who still can. I will surely keep this as a backup. 600F is plenty for my needs and Shore 40A sounds great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login