Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermal Compound in E3D v6

Posted by Dust 
Thermal Compound in E3D v6
October 12, 2019 04:48AM
Anyone know what the thermal compound used on the thread of the heat break in a genuine E3D V6 is? (no its not in the hot end, please don't derail the thread)
[e3d-online.com]

None came with my order, I probably missed it...

I really don't want to wait a month for some to arrive from quite literally the other side of the planet, if I can avoid it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2019 05:14AM by Dust.
Re: Thermal Compound in E3D v6
October 12, 2019 05:57AM
I believe it is ordinary semiconductor heatsinking compound. That's what it looks and feels like. It's not the expensive silver-loaded variety, it's white.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2019 05:58AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 12, 2019 07:15AM
I rebuilt a Chimera a couple of weeks ago and used what is called Premium Ceramic Polysynthetic Thermal Compound by Artic Silver. It was leftover from a PC build a few years ago. I've done some 11 hour PETG prints and have had no jams.
October 13, 2019 03:47PM
link to provider that lists whats in the compound https://e3d-online.com/thermal-compound-paste

it has:

Silicone Compounds 50%
Compounds of carbon: 20%
Metal Oxide Compounds: 30%

i did a search and found StarTech.com 1.5g Metal OxIDE
has metal oxide in it. i don't know how much percentage of each others it has. it is designed for cpu heat sinks.
October 14, 2019 03:09PM
Slice Engineering (mosquito Hot End) sells "Boron Nitride" for their high temp hot ends $9.95
October 18, 2019 01:18PM
Searched and found it on Amazon.com

also found it at Phaser FPV

don't know how reliable the above products actually are... but thought it didn't hurt share what I found
October 28, 2019 12:46AM
The real stuff arrived, and looks nothing like the packaging pictured online.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login