Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vector to gcode program?

Posted by sungod3k 
vector to gcode program?
October 19, 2019 10:49AM
Hi,

im trying to plot some text on my printer and im looking for a vector to gcode program.

The vector I generated in inkscape with a plugin called "hershys text" which is quite simple to use, but for gcode translators there are many for engraving and lasering but I havent found a simple one just for plotting with a pen.
I tried the gcodetools plugin in inkscape but i behaves a bit weird, i wonder if theres a simpler one?

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2019 10:50AM by sungod3k.
Re: vector to gcode program?
October 19, 2019 03:00PM
For Inkscape there's an OpenSCAD extension: [libregraphicsworld.org]

You can then view or edit the object in OpenSCAD, and output an STL which you can slice with your favourite slicer.
October 19, 2019 05:16PM
Thats an interesting way of getting there. Thanks, ill give it a shot.
October 23, 2019 03:15PM
sungod3k
Hi,

im trying to plot some text on my printer and im looking for a vector to gcode program.

The vector I generated in inkscape with a plugin called "hershys text" which is quite simple to use, but for gcode translators there are many for engraving and lasering but I havent found a simple one just for plotting with a pen.
I tried the gcodetools plugin in inkscape but i behaves a bit weird, i wonder if theres a simpler one?

Cheers

What is wrong with the gcodetools? I have been working with it for some time now and changed a lot of code in the plugin to make it behave like I want it to.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login