Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Collection of 3d models of mechanical parts?

Posted by sungod3k 
Collection of 3d models of mechanical parts?
November 01, 2019 03:14AM
Hi,

when designing new parts I often see myself spending lots of time on having to design mechanical parts like hinges, switches, connectors, collets, levers, screw connections etc. Even when I find a part I often have to rebuild them completely because the tolerances don't scale and while channels like this [www.youtube.com] or [507movements.com] are a source of great inspiration designing those mechanisms into usable parts, troubleshooting and iterating them feels inefficient.

Has anyone come across a collection, repository, designer on thingiverse/myminifactory etc. that has started a something similar? A collection of mechanical parts that anyone can just include in the projects and not only safe time but also can add and improve on.
VDX
Re: Collection of 3d models of mechanical parts?
November 01, 2019 03:16AM
... are you aware of [grabcad.com] ?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 01, 2019 03:40AM
yes smiling smiley and its great especially because most models provide .step files, but you have to be lucky to find a model that includes the part you need, because you usually search for full model/assemblies and not individual mechanical parts.
November 01, 2019 08:16PM
McMaster.com has models of nearly all their products

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 08:17PM by Evil Monkey.

[scara3dprinter.wordpress.com]
November 01, 2019 08:48PM
OnShape.com has a library of parts, and (because free accounts must make designs public) you can often find some-one else's design for a part.
November 01, 2019 10:01PM
Fusion360 lets you drop in parts from McMaster Carr and other places. The other places sometimes require subscriptions, but AFAIK, the MC stuff is all there for the asking.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login