Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is broken?confused smiley

Posted by Herr_Schmitzel 
What is broken?confused smiley
November 20, 2019 05:39AM
So a few days ago I shorted my printer because I false assembled my Hotend. After that, I ordered a new Hotend (E3D V6 clone from Trianglelabs) and a new Extruder (Trianglelabs Titan clone). After 3 weeks I assembled everything, configured the firmware, put the new firmware on a micro sd card and pushed it into the printer (yes ist has a bootloader, I´m sure) I turned it on and the display is not working, ok I thought, I will just test it out with pronterface and buy a new one afterward. But it didn´t work. It didn´t want to connect. After that I remembered I have a Raspberry Pi lying around, so I installed Octopi, tried to connect and it also didn´t work. So now my question is, what is actually broken, is it the Display or the Board and if its the Board which one should I buy?
Re: What is broken?confused smiley
November 20, 2019 06:13AM
My first thought is that you might have configured the new firmware incorrectly. Wrong serial port and/or display type can lead to the symptoms.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
November 20, 2019 08:17AM
which serial port do i have to configure for skr mini e3
November 20, 2019 09:25AM
If you use the Marlin version SKR offers on Github you should not need to change anything. If you are using standard Marlin you need to adjust according to the SKRs version.
By default Marlin uses Serial port 0 for host communication, while SKR uses port 2.
SKR - [github.com]
Marlin 2.0 bugfix - [github.com]
You should base your firmware on the SKR fork if you are unsure on the differences.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
November 20, 2019 10:00AM
Well...

You shorted your printer, and you only replace hotend end extruder?
Did you even check if the controller board ist alive? Normally the first thing dying ist the controller board...
November 21, 2019 03:29AM
Everything is working again, but now the bltouch is broken. It is not reacting to any things I do n the Display, will check the wiring today and if everything from the wiring standpoint, I will send it back to RepRapWorld
November 21, 2019 07:55AM
Herr_Schmitzel
Everything is working again, but now the bltouch is broken. It is not reacting to any things I do n the Display, will check the wiring today and if everything from the wiring standpoint, I will send it back to RepRapWorld

Seeing that you shorted your board before, it could also be the board servo output being damaged by that. You can measure if your board is sending signals to the BLtouch or if it really is the BLtouch that's making an error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2019 07:55AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 21, 2019 08:31AM
well it already worked so I think a connector has loosened, will make it in place with hot glue probably, not the most beautiful solution but it will probably work.
November 21, 2019 10:27AM
Herr_Schmitzel
well it already worked so I think a connector has loosened, will make it in place with hot glue probably, not the most beautiful solution but it will probably work.

Ohhh, you mean the BLtouch has worked after you shorted the board? smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 26, 2019 03:55AM
yes its all working now now i only have t calibrate the extruder hotend and make my slicing settings n point any guide to get the optimal slicer settings ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login