Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Founding A Budget Metal 3D-Printing Company

Posted by Metal Head 
Founding A Budget Metal 3D-Printing Company
November 28, 2019 06:34AM
Hello RepRap Community!

I've recently finished my master thesis on developing a metal deposition print head and now hope to found a company producing 3D-printers at accessible prices (around 10 k€ per printer).

Now I'm writing writing business plans, investment proposals and grant applications. To estimate costs and revenue, I'm still missing concrete data on the 3D-printing market and experience in producing and selling 3D-printers. Since I developed just a print-head, I suspect my processes are much more similar to today's fused filament fabrication printers than to modern metal printers. (Which use electron beams and lasers on substrates)

Has anybody got data on the European 3D-printer market or can recomend a good source for market insights?
Otherwise I'm interested in any experience you might share regarding producing and selling 3D-printers. Especially marketing experience and how to move from building single units to series production are of interest to me.
Re: Founding A Budget Metal 3D-Printing Company
December 01, 2019 01:43PM
Check out the Wohlers report [wohlersassociates.com] Hopefully your university library will have access to a copy, as it's not cheap to buy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login