HELP - How to flash a 3d printer

Posted by EzyMan 
HELP - How to flash a 3d printer
December 07, 2019 02:16AM
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well,

recently i purchased this printer:

TWO TREES® BLUER 3D Printer

this printer has MKS ROBIN NANO Mainboard.

if i want to change the name of the printer, wana name it with my daughter's name <3

is it possible? and what do i have to do and whats required?

As i know, some of printers are restricted and cant be modified. IF this printer cant be, i can modify the Creality Ender-3?

I know i dont have that good experience but with you guys i can make everything.

Thank you so much for your usual support.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 04:10AM by EzyMan.
Re: HELP - How to flash a 3d printer
December 13, 2019 10:53AM
any1 can help me plz?
December 13, 2019 07:22PM
Updating your firmware is not something that should be attempted for something so trivial. You have the very real possibility you will make your printer unusable forever.

The printer is not very common so the likelihood of finding someone who has already done this is practically non existent which means your going to have to do a lot of work.

The company TWO TREES® BLUER 3D looks to be a typical Chinese company that does not supply the source code they used in their printer.

Which basically means this is not going to be easy in the slightest.

What you need to do is download marlin. Configure it for a MKS ROBIN NANO Main board. then update all the configuration.h options for your printer (most of which know one knows what they should be set to for your printer)
Compile marlin in to a firmware bin file and put that on the sd card of the machine. About a weeks work for someone who knows what they are doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 07:23PM by Dust.
December 13, 2019 11:46PM
Thanks dust
your reply meaning alot.

Thank you so much,

what about the Ender-3 is it possible? i can send you my reason why i want to do that ill PM you
December 14, 2019 12:30AM
The Ender 3 in comparison is easy as someone has already done most of the work and it is a lot more common..

With marlin comes a number of example configuration files including for the Creality Ender-3 ie [github.com]

You download marlin, you copy the example configuration files over the existing files, you compile and upload..
One catch is you probably need to install a bootloader onto your controller first... see [www.youtube.com]

I would stick to marlin bugfix 1.1.x for your controller as it doesn't have very much memory.

See [www.youtube.com] for details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 12:35AM by Dust.
December 14, 2019 01:46AM
Thank you so much Dust.

if i use Arduino Mega2560 it will work or shall buy Arduino Uno?

and there an update for Marlin 2.0.0 i can use it or shall follow 1.1.x?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 01:48AM by EzyMan.
December 14, 2019 02:25AM
The ender3 comes with a melzi controller. This comes with a 1284p processor which has 128K of flash ram

a Arduino Uno is useless for a modern 3d printer not enough pins. not enough ram. It only has 32K of flash ram

If you get a better controller use Marlin 2.0

a mega2560 is just a cpu board, it has no way to connect to anything. You also need a ramps board on top of it. and for reference it has 256K of flash ram.

I would not go that way any more. Get yourself a all in one controller

Consider the 32 bit SKR Mini E3, it is designed as a drop in replacement for the Ender 3 [www.youtube.com]
So no need to worry about having to change cables or plugs or any of that stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login