Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop 3DP11 Printer - Newbie

Posted by slewpy 
Hictop 3DP11 Printer - Newbie
December 11, 2019 05:25PM
What am I missing? Why does autohome take print nozzle to left corner for a second, lower it below the plate, then go to middle while pressing down on the plate? Plate is barely off the metal tray. Is this something that is configurable in settings, firmware or what?
Re: Hictop 3DP11 Printer - Newbie
December 11, 2019 05:38PM
Not even close to knowing what I did now but home takes the nozzle to rear right off the plate of coursew and just keeps winding down tighter and tighter until machine is unplugged This makes absolutely no sense to me at all
December 11, 2019 09:29PM
You give little information?
Did you build this printer
Did you look at hictop site and assembly and user manual?

Are you using the local control panel or PC software to control it?

Is the Marlin firmware configured properly?

You might want to look at:

Prusa i3 and variants

[reprap.org]

confused smiley
December 11, 2019 10:50PM
Thanks for reply

I purchased unit a couple of years ago printed that benchy thing and never really got to understanding what I had now that things in 3d have progressed I decided to load up a new spool of material and print some items. Couldn't tell you what firmware is on it. Ive been looking at updating it but seems a little intimidating. My biggest problem is that the auto home feature is in no way consistent. Sometimes the nozzle ends up in the middle just pushing down hard against the plate and others it rams itself to rear right and just starts to grind down until I unplug. Back there the sensor is off the plate when the nozzle stops so it seems as if it would grind until something breaks. At least in the middle it stops trying to lower. No idea how this happens Yesterday I had at least a time where the auto home went to middle and allowed me to adjust the plate under the nozzle all the way around the plate. Usually I use the lcd panel to start prints. also where I press auto home command

I have installed a usb cable as I thought I would need it to update firmware and tried sending print from computer It works but the nozzle starts really tight to bed and grinds around as the first layer starts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login