Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3dp x/y/z axis

Posted by ark 
ark
3dp x/y/z axis
January 09, 2020 07:35PM
Hello forum,
I just join this informative forum. I am in process of building a DIY 3dp using openbuild linear actuator parts fort of my 3 x/y/z axis. My z and y axis are both lead screw and x axis is belt driven. My Z axis lead screw has 2 mm pitch which was recommended by most people in this forum, for accuracy and less torque needed. what about y axis, which needs faster movement, what's a good compromised pitch: here are my choices 2/4/8 .Any recommendation? Thanks
Re: 3dp x/y/z axis
January 10, 2020 04:02AM
Using a leadscrew on the Y-axis will greatly impact printing speed. It will still be able to perform really well, but it will just be slower than more traditional belt driven, especially if you use Nema17 motors and only one leadscrew.

It all has been answered before, just a simple google request and this is the first result:
[reprap.org]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
ark
January 10, 2020 08:23AM
Ohmarinus; Thanks for feedback. I am going with belt driven method. I was hoping to also use this setup for CNC/laser or CNC/engraving. As they say, if I do that, I am going to end up with 2 ill system 1-3dp, 2-CNC machine. So it's better to have one good system, a 3dp.
VDX
January 10, 2020 10:58AM
... belts are not really suited for CNC-engarving for their "elasticity" and the high forces with repetitive load-chages while cutting into teh material, what's causing mechanical resonancies.

On the other side - belts are way faster than spindles (or you'll use pretty beefy motors and fast stroke spindles) -- have two XYZ-robots form Janome (JR 2300N), which are specified for up to 800mm/s with 10µm accuracy!) ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login