Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis homing issues

Posted by abbadon 
Z axis homing issues
January 14, 2020 07:05PM
I have a Prusa I3 style home brew running Marlin 1.8.10, which was working without issue until about 2 months ago.
During the auto homing phase, and the mesh bed compensation phase, the machine will run the z axis incorrectly. Sometimes it works correctly, other times instead of running in the negative to bring the inductive sensor to the build platform, it just keeps running in the positive direction.
I am much more mechanically and design driven, and do not have much head for the coding, so I cannot tell if anything in the code is wrong, but it seems odd that the code and machine haven't changed, but the behavior has.
Any help would be appreciated.

[www.youtube.com]

The link is a video of it. The homing on all axis works correctly, but then when its making the measurements for the first point of the mesh, its goes Z positive...
Re: Z axis homing issues
January 15, 2020 10:16AM
If no code changed, then something mechanical or electrical did. Mechanical doesn't seem like the case (unless your Z zero switch has failed) so I would go through wiring. Most likely candidates are the inductive sensor and end-stop wiring.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login