Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I give up

Posted by skaha 
I give up
January 16, 2020 10:43PM
Well my printer has finally got the upper hand. I bought an Aurora printer a while back, I upgraded the extruder with a geared one, worked well, I built a glassed in cabinet, added bed leveling etc.etc., finally got it working well. Today when I turned it on there was a noise from the power supply and everything went dead, found a cut and shorting wire for the leveling sensor, replaced cut wire and installed new power supply, turned it on everything seemed ok except the lcd showed temp error for both bed and extruder, all fans worked as well as the z sensor but everything else is dead, I dont know enough about electrical boards to troubleshoot. I started looking at new boards, but I wouldnt know where to start with all the boards out there.
Might be time to kick it to the curb and find a new hobby ! What do you think ?

Terry
Re: I give up
January 17, 2020 09:16AM
Hmmm! That sounds like an average day at the office and a pretty good day in the workshop. I think that almost all of the regulars on this forum have horror tales along with the philosophical bent to laugh at the new and devious ways that 3D printers find to entertain themselves at our expense. The great piles of filament on the build stage; unfinished prints that were knocked off the bed and are surrounded by even more filament; the sight of your printer on the ceiling because the roll of filament hanging from the ceiling had a knot in the reel and the extruder was showing off how strong it is.

You will miss it all. The roughened brick marks where you have been slamming your head against a brick wall and the sleepless nights wondering how to make the damn thing work.

As for a new hobby, try building a spark erosion machine: 3D printers make a good ab-initio introduction to this as there are even more frustrations along with the distant laughter of the gods of technology.

Mike
Re: I give up
January 17, 2020 09:19AM
"As for a new hobby, try building a spark erosion machine"

heh that is harder!. I have a friend who built one! after 3 years it is finally working!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login