Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really need help from the gurus

Posted by skaha 
Really need help from the gurus
January 23, 2020 08:05PM
Hi guys, I really need some help, I have a low end printer that I managed to short out the main board, I purchased a new board (bigtree MKS Gen V1.4, Mega 2560 R3, Reprap Ramps 1.4). I have installed the board, hooked up all wiring, I ordered and recieved 5 stepper drivers, as far as I can see they just push in to the board, which way do they go in , it looks like they could be installed 180 degrees either way ? They are the 2560 type.
Also could you advise me on start up, once everything is hooked up do I just turn it on, flash the config h. and go , or is there more to be done first.
I would really appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks
Terry
Re: Really need help from the gurus
January 23, 2020 09:48PM
The drivers (DRV8825) should show which pins are VMOT, dir, step, etc. The VMOT side will need to be installed towards the outside of the board (towards the cable going to the steppers). If you hold the driver so the heat sink is on the right, the VMOT side will be at the top.
January 23, 2020 11:16PM
Thanks very much for your help. On these units if I look at the pin side the left side pins have direction, sleep, reset etc. is this the side that goes towards the outside of the card ?
Terry.
ps I identified the drivers wrong should read A4988. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 11:39PM by skaha.
January 23, 2020 11:58PM
Thanks again for your help, I found a decent magnifying glass and was able to see what you referred to namely the the vmot side. So I will install with that row towards the outside of the card.
Terry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login