Question about Two Trees Bluer printer
January 28, 2020 10:58AM
Hi everyone. I have a problem and I hope you can help me sad smiley I need to buy a new extruder for this printer, but the ones I find are 12v, and the power supply is 24v. The seller of aliexpress says it works ... but I keep thinking that he just wants to sell ... Is that so? Does it work despite being the power source of twice the power? Won't burn? I wait for the answer, because I am desperate ... Thank you all!

* I'm sorry for my English ... I don't speak much and I'm using a translator (= *
Re: Question about Two Trees Bluer printer
January 28, 2020 12:49PM
You 100% need to match the correct voltage otherwise you will run into a lot of trouble. So don't do it.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 28, 2020 01:12PM
Oh, it's ok. I thought the same thing. Thank you very much for answering smiling smiley
February 13, 2020 08:19PM
I was running 12v heaters for a long time on my 24v power supply. I then realize that they were 12v because I got around to measuring the resistance. The caveat was that in Marlin I had to turn the max power way down because at full power it would over shoot and go into thermal runaway during the PID tuning. So it is possible but they heat up crazy fast.

It was set way low.

#define BANG_MAX 50 // Limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX BANG_MAX
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login