Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help with TMC2209 drivers for SKR v1.1 Pro

Posted by Jyge 
Need some help with TMC2209 drivers for SKR v1.1 Pro
February 07, 2020 01:00AM
I ordered myself a SKR v1.1 Pro board some time ago. I got recommendation to put Fysetc TMC 2209 drivers on it so I ordered them too.
In the end I got V3.0 of Fysetc TMC2209 (there is apparently some erros in the texting of the board pins?). I still can not fathom why I got this recommendation
I think the TMC2209 from Bigtreetech should have been a plug-n-play?

Anyway, I am going through the manuals and noticed that for the board the UART pin should be the fourth from the top. Now in FYSETC that
is apparently the SP pin (if the relabeling advice of the pins is to be believed).

Do I need to start heating up the soldering iron - is it doable at all or is it an easier way to order Bigtreetech TMC2209 drivers and wait awhile?
Another option would be getting a FYSETC S6 board and plug in the drivers there...

(I am playing with this upgrade just for the h3ll of it, with no real pressing need for a new board in my printer, but I figured it would be a nice case for
learning by doing. It would open up the way for 24V bed later and stuff like that...)
Re: Need some help with TMC2209 drivers for SKR v1.1 Pro
February 07, 2020 01:53AM
What do you imagine your going to re solder?

you will need to cut microscopic tracks end then solder to the tracks to swap the pins over...

just get the proper ones. save yourself the massive headache.
February 07, 2020 02:41AM
Thanks, I just came across with this soldering ideas probably from some blogs about TMC2208. Apparently guys have been using Watterott or whatnot.
Yes, I am all for sparing the headache, just pondering the sense of the recommendation I got for Fysetc, maybe I misunderstood it at the time.

I guess, I will order the Bigtreetech TMCs then.

Just for the record, in the end the price is about the same if I get myself a Fysetc S6 board (to match those drivers), instead, is there any benefit going
this way? Is it any better in any regards?
February 07, 2020 02:55AM
Fysetc S6 support is not very robust...

I personally wouldn't go near this controller
February 07, 2020 03:58AM
Ok, that is also my impression, but I am not really qualified to judge. There are also hardly any real instructions
how to get the stuff running. From the sheer volume of youtube videos and so the SKR v1.3 would seem like the
clearest way to find quick help, but for some reasons I have already forgotten I went for the SKR 1.1 Pro, but I think
it should not be that different.

Well, Thx, I will get the order running and then I need to wait out couple of months again smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login