Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can slic3r be used with SLA/resin 3d printers?

Posted by kotgc 
Can slic3r be used with SLA/resin 3d printers?
February 07, 2020 07:27PM
Hello, I read the manual which says SLA printers can use Slic3r, however the manual doesn't show a setup or configuration.
Any suggestions please?
Re: Can slic3r be used with SLA/resin 3d printers?
February 10, 2020 09:43AM
use slic3r prusa version - defenitly able to use with SLA printers
[github.com]
February 12, 2020 08:55AM
Thank you.
I'm a bit confused, but can I use different 'slicer programs' for different 3D SLA printers?
Anycubic only uses Windows and Mac, nothing for Linux.
The prusa3d downloads has ORIGINAL PRUSA SL1 and ORIGINAL PRUSA CW1.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 09:00AM by kotgc.
February 13, 2020 07:43AM
Well, tried PrusaSlicer, but it doesn't launch. I guess it's not made for LinuxMint or Anycubic?
February 13, 2020 06:57PM
Well, tried PrusaSlicer from AppImage and won't launch.
Here's my steps:
prusa3d/PrusaSlicer > Assets (down to middlish of page) > select PrusaSlicer-x.x.x-alpha4_linux-x64-YYYYMMDDmmhh.AppImage > Downloads directory > right click PrusaSlicer-x.x.x-alpha4_linux-x64-YYYYMMDDmmhh.AppImage > Properties > Permissions > tick Allow executing file as program > Close > double click AppImage.

AppImage won't launch. Error: Could not display "/home/linuxmint/Downloads/Pr...nux-x64-202002101524.AppImage". There is no application installed for AppImage application bundle files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?

Strangely, the AppImage opened the first time without issue.
I walked through the welcome wizard, however the welcome wizard was irrelevant to my SLA 3D printer. I had set FDM extrusion to None, however the wizard then asked for extrusion widths. I entered 0 mm and finished the wizard.
The AppImage could no longer open, as it said something like, extruder widths were too small.
I deleted the AppImage, redownloaded and tried to open and the posted error occurred.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 06:59PM by kotgc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login