Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Induction sensor woes with a Bigtree v1.3 SKR

Posted by roontoon 
Induction sensor woes with a Bigtree v1.3 SKR
February 25, 2020 04:57PM
I am using a Bigtreetech V1.3 SKR 32bit board along with an optocoupler between the inductive sensor and the controller board. When every axis is at 0,0,0 the light on the sensor comes on along with the light 12v side of the sensor. Which is correct. the 5-volt side of the sensor has three terminals VCC, signal, ground. When the inductor is triggered the signal terminal shows 0 volts and when it is not triggered it shows 5 volts. So that makes me think that the sensor and optocoupler are working correctly. However, in both states, an m119 shows the sensor as being triggered. Using this optocoupler. Not sure how to fix this and I am almost finished pulling out all of my hair.
Re: Induction sensor woes with a Bigtree v1.3 SKR
February 25, 2020 05:41PM
The endstop connectors on the SKR 1.3 have a different pinout from your diagram. The pins, from top to bottom, are +5V, GND, SIGNAL while the connector in your picture seems to be GND, +5V, SIGNAL (assuming the connector shroud is in the same orientation so the connector in your picture is upside down from the SKR 1.3 layout).

Hopefully you haven't burned out anything by switching the +5V and GND connectors. Also, I don't think you need to connect the +5V for this circuit - just the SIGNAL and GND should be sufficient.
Re: Induction sensor woes with a Bigtree v1.3 SKR
February 25, 2020 06:47PM
The circuit can be found here [es.aliexpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login