Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 LED 2 blinking when trying to heat up bed

Posted by Rayburn76206 
Ramps 1.4 LED 2 blinking when trying to heat up bed
May 12, 2020 03:03PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having troubles with my DIY printer:

On my i3 clone I've been trying to add the anycubic i3 ultrabase to my Ramps 1.4 board and after adding the necessary configurations in the Marlin firmware I can heat up the bed. The issue is that it is very slow - it gains about 1C every 20-30 seconds - and the indicator LED and LED 2 on my RAMPS board blinks randomly whilst it is heating. Furthermore when the LCD is powered from the printer it starts flickering too. I'm guessing this is a power issue, especially since when I plug it directly into a power source (instead of a splitter) the LED blinks less often and if I unplug the bed but 'turn it on' the LED is solid, but I'm not sure what can be done.

Edit: upon further inspection - the voltage input to the board is a constant 12v however the output from D8 is ranging from 5v to 12v and fluctuating rapidly

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Ramps 1.4 LED 2 blinking when trying to heat up bed
May 12, 2020 04:46PM
I think I may have fixed it by doing a PID autotune, the numbers were drastically different - makes sense why it was so slow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login