Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for Misumi 30 (6 Series) T-Nuts

Posted by boredom.is.me 
Looking for Misumi 30 (6 Series) T-Nuts
September 14, 2020 05:46PM
I hate to even ask this, but are there any members here who are familiar with this profile? I absolutely love the quality of material and cuts for the 5 Series (2020) extrusion I got last time, and have chosen to stick with them for my next build. The problem is that it will require an insane amount of t-nuts. Misumi's t-nuts are $37 for 100 pieces. The economy nuts (flat) are $18 after quantity discount. For obviously reasons, I would like the regular nuts. Robotdigg has some for a fraction of the price. I reached out to them for better dimensions. I was informed that the step (the self locating/guiding part) is 2mm high. The issue is that 2mm is also the advertised thickness of Misumi's 3030.

It's not that I'm trying to be cheap. It's more along the lines of spending half as much on nuts as the extrusion itself. Especially when the chunk saved could go towards making another part of the build better, or just finishing it all sooner.

What are you using?

Misumi T-Nuts
Robotdigg T-Nuts
Re: Looking for Misumi 30 (6 Series) T-Nuts
September 14, 2020 11:03PM
September 15, 2020 01:18AM
Can you confirm that the 2mm step is still fine? Misumi's edges are a little thinner than standard.

September 15, 2020 12:24PM
Do you want drop in ones or the ones you have to insert from end?
September 15, 2020 12:44PM
Pre-assembly nuts (slide in) would be ideal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login