Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for a new manual levelled hotbed and magnetic plate

Posted by golfox2 
Looking for a new manual levelled hotbed and magnetic plate
October 27, 2020 06:25PM
Hey guys, I've got a homebuilt RepRap Marlin flavoured printer, I'm looking for a new hotbed + magnetic plate that levels manually (i've got the screws and springs already), to change that inductive auto level that's never working.

Any recommandations please ? My actual bed is 220x220mm and 12v for the heating plate. (I can go 240x240 if really needed). Ideally with chamfered screw holes already

thanks !

Re: Looking for a new manual levelled hotbed and magnetic plate
October 28, 2020 03:10AM
Get an MK52 clone heated bed from aliexpress. The spring steel plate also works great with an inductive probe smiling smiley

And it's the max size that you can place, around 254*254 I believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2020 03:10AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 13, 2020 07:46PM
Ohmarinus
Get an MK52 clone heated bed from aliexpress. The spring steel plate also works great with an inductive probe smiling smiley

And it's the max size that you can place, around 254*254 I believe.

@ Ohmarinus

Does the Inductive probe not give issues with the magnetic field of the bed?
I believe i destroyed an inductive sensor a while back because of the magnets attached under my bed plate.
It was no longer usable and i had to throw it away and bought an capactive sensor.

Now that i think of it, Prusa does use this combo. Not sure how it does not seem to give issues but did for me.

@golfox2

Another option would be getting an aluminium tool casting plate which is very flat, you would have to drill the holes yourself though.
That combined with a 12v heater pad if you don't want to swap the PSU, a High temp magnetic sheet for on the tooling plate and a Flex spring steel plate with a PEI layer.

Actually, i have the above in 220x220x5 mm laying around from my old printer. If interested and you live in Europe send me a PM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2020 07:47PM by Govahnator.
November 14, 2020 09:32AM
@govahnator : I just received my hotbed 12v and i'll be assembling it asap, but thanks for the offer, if this one doesn't work, i'll contact you for the laying bed you have
February 10, 2022 03:57PM
So, for the update, everything works perfectly and it's beautiful !
Thanks for the help
it's a 12V

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2022 03:58PM by golfox2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login