Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommendations print head assembly using e3d V6 please

Posted by aamcle 
Recommendations print head assembly using e3d V6 please
November 13, 2020 01:08PM
Recommendations print head assembly using e3d V6 please.

I have finalised the design for the X axis of my build and I have ensured that it is compatible with the Prusa system.

I'm now in a position to start printing the parts I need. I chose to keep things compatible with Prusa because there is such a range parts for them.

The variety brings its own problems, I don't know what to choose and I don't want to depend on trial and error.

If your able to recommend a hot end assembly using the e3d V6 that includes fans and bed sensor I'd appreciate it.

Bowden and Direct drive please.

Many Thanks.

AAmcle
Re: Recommendations print head assembly using e3d V6 please
November 14, 2020 07:58AM
Can you give some more info?

I suppose you are building a custom printer, based on one of Prusa's printers.
If so, which one?

If i understand your question correctly, you are are looking for a X carriage assembly?
Re: Recommendations print head assembly using e3d V6 please
November 14, 2020 09:07AM
It's actually a box frame of 3030, I was going for Ultimaker mechanics but the rods I though were straight (I did check) turned out not to be when I added belts and tension.

As a result I decided to use the two 8mm dia rods that really are straight in a traditional Cartesian setup.

The X Axis end plates I designed have the 8mm rods 45mm apart centre to centre which enables me to use a Prusa assembly. Even if that's not perfect I can always modify the back plate/bearing support of the print head or indeed modify the end plates.

Atb.. Aamclr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login