Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How reliable are eccentric nuts?

Posted by CVRIV 
How reliable are eccentric nuts?
December 23, 2020 11:06PM
I'm designing a machine that I'm going to replicate four times. I actually designed the entire thing but I'm mkaing changes because there are some things I just dont like. I'm trying to design as much as possible sobi can just print parts. I designed an eccentric nuts and,it worked, but inwas using it improperly so it wpupdnt hold its position. I decided to just save some time by purchasing the nuts.

My question: how well do they hold their position with all the back and forth movement vibrations etc? You can tighten the wheel bolts to tightly because the wheel bearings will bind, so I'm just wondering.

Thanks.
Re: How reliable are eccentric nuts?
December 24, 2020 12:49AM
You can secure the nuts by by a screw locking, I use Loctite 243. This is medium firm. Very firm is not recommended, because it would destroy the parts if you need to loose the parts.
December 24, 2020 01:42AM
Ok. Thanks.

Have you or anyone try locking washer with the nuts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2020 01:44AM by CVRIV.
December 24, 2020 04:55PM
If the wheel bearings are binding, there is a defect in your design. The inner ring of the bearing should be the only place there is contact between the nut and the bearing and also the housing and the bearing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login