Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing curved top surface

Posted by chriske 
Printing curved top surface
January 28, 2021 12:46PM
Hey guys,

A while ago I found a site describing how to print shallow curved top surface in one go, no layers visible.
Is there some progress there. Is it doable with a regular printer. Or are there restrictions.

Thanks
Re: Printing curved top surface
January 28, 2021 02:05PM
January 28, 2021 03:36PM
Yes!!!!

As a You-Tuber found this site a long time ago, it is worthless unless you are a linux person and want to have a whole desktop reserved for a single 3D Printer.
Depending on the curve ratio you will also need a lot of Z-clearance to be able to print. My 3D Printer Z clearance is about 2mm this will not help me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2021 03:40PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 28, 2021 06:29PM
I am a Linux user....100%Wintendo-free...spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smiley
January 28, 2021 08:08PM
I figured that maybe one day someone will post a version for windows then I may try to figure a way to give me more Z height for printing curved surfaces..

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 29, 2021 06:21AM
Would be good if there was a cloud based service although there would still be the physical issues to overcome.
The slicing process could be updated to cater for some of these in that you could do non planer portions on the early layers before the rest was built up and became restrictive. In the video its only the last runs that are non planer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login