Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing quality Ender 5.

Posted by EastRaw 
Printing quality Ender 5.
February 13, 2021 12:22PM
Dear 3D masters,

Please my photos. As a new owner of member of 3D community I'm making my first steps towards good prints.

I've decided to start with upgrades like bed support and etc.. First i've printed the back plates for bed supports and they've came out not bad at all. But now i'm stuck with support arms...

First good print of support arm went bad somewhere 30% in to the process... I think that one side of the print separated from the bed and printer's nozzle started hitting it.
I've tried fiddling with settings and such but i'm still having issues. What can be the reason for what you see on those pictures?

Re: Printing quality Ender 5.
February 13, 2021 12:27PM
Dear 3D masters,

Please my photos. As a new owner of member of 3D community I'm making my first steps towards good prints.

I've decided to start with upgrades like bed support and etc.. First i've printed the back plates for bed supports and they've came out not bad at all. But now i'm stuck with support arms...

First good print of support arm went bad somewhere 30% in to the process... I think that one side of the print separated from the bed and printer's nozzle started hitting it.
I've tried fiddling with settings and such but i'm still having issues. What can be the reason for what you see on those pictures?

I've tried printing Benchy and at first it went ok, nothing to write home about but i saw decent shapes. Than i went shopping and got back to Benchy with fanky haircut.
I got tired and leveled the printer again and checked if everything is correct.

This time i went for bed support again. Decided to try temp at 215 and bed temp at 60.
Everything comes much more solid and even now, except for one thing. I've tried 3 times and each time things go bad in that corner.

For some reason lines don't connect properly. I have no clue why and what can i do? Any advise?

[imgur.com]
February 13, 2021 04:13PM
I believe that you need to lower the Z-Height it appears the model separated from the bed because of inadequate bed adhesion.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
February 13, 2021 05:56PM
Hi there,

Thanks for response. I did it and it seems to be printing much better.

However, still 2 problems remain. First is that part of the model which can be seen on those pictures. For some reason it's not printing properly.

Second one is bigger. After initial bottom is finished and printer moves on to fill the internals of the support it starts touching them.

You know the sound when you move your hand quickly across the fence, something similar.

I quickly found out that you can help that problem even in process by adjusting Babystep Z to -0.250 and it becomes better.

But you will get missing lines or what ever they're called. And when you leave that option, effect disappears right away.

What solution is there to prevent the nozzle from touching the model?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login