Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need recommendations a new go-to parts supplier

Posted by leadinglights 
Need recommendations a new go-to parts supplier
February 20, 2021 02:58PM
I am looking for a recommendation for a new go-to supplier for motion control products. I used to use Zapp Automation, but they show every sign of having gone out of existence.
I was looking for torque/speed curves of smaller stepper motors, NEMA11 and NEMA14 but now all I can find is the first page of the datasheets with dimensions and a few grudging parameters.
Zapp always had full datasheets but since they don't seem to be around anymore I have to look elsewhere and have looked at everything on the first few pages of a Google search, along with eBay and Amazon sellers, but all I get is the same:- page1 with dimensions and maybe a few dozen photos from different angles.

So the question is, Who can I buy from who gives full datasheets for their products?

Mike
VDX
Re: Need recommendations a new go-to parts supplier
February 20, 2021 05:36PM
... for some projects I've bought steppers and controllers at nanotec -- [us.nanotec.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 21, 2021 06:39AM
Thankyou VDX, that site did have useful data and I may use them in the future.

The lack of decent information has extended far beyond eBay and Amazon. One of the suppliers I most frequently use, RS Components, has gone into my black book as the datasheets for their "RS Pro" stepper motors is now an almost useless brag-sheet - and there is not even a link to where you can get real-world data.

Mike
VDX
February 21, 2021 11:35AM
... "you only get what you asked for" -- and, as most folks only look at the main specs, more detailed data-sheets aren't of any interest in the online-market eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 21, 2021 12:03PM
In the end, I got all of the data I needed. Perhaps I shouldn't complain though, at least I have spent many years when ready availability of complete datasheets was a given; but I also remember many years ago having to sign NDAs and wait weeks for a datasheet for an MCU, only to find that the instruction set summary, the most important bit, was missing.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login