Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Planning cabin for my Ender 5 Plus

Posted by Hellmut1956 
Planning cabin for my Ender 5 Plus
March 17, 2021 06:34PM
I am advancing to include my Ender 5 Plus in my dust-contaminated workshop. I cannot place the printer in any other room, so a smart solution is what I need. I also want to mention that I will upgrade my printer with a BTT-SKR-PRO V1.2 and use SilentStepSticksTMC5161 that can handle up to 20A and 60VDC. I do expect to require below 3A and the power supply is with my Meanwell 600W 48VDC. I have had already the discussions around my going to apply 48VDC to my SilentStepSticksTMC5161. So please, while I believe you need to know about the topic what I would like to investigate is an approach to use a cabin for my printer.

A second challenge my printer is facing is the high humidity in my workshop.

What I will do is take this drying agent. It changes its color as it is absorbing more and more humidity. So once the color indicates the drying agent is getting to its limits you can place it in an oven at 80°C and the drying agent is regenerative and you can see when it is fine again by watching the color changing

First I want to point out that the strategy I am planning to keep dust out of the printing volume of my printer is to blow well dust filtered air by using a FAN so that the air pressure within the cabin is higher than it is outside the cabin and so dust can not enter the cabin.

The approach I am planning to take is making an "inner cabin" that uses the frame of the printer with acrylic plates and 3D printed parts. This inner cabin has to prevent from being impacted by airflows that come from the FAN for example. The "outer cabin" will be based on a frame build the same way as the frame of the printer and also use acrylic plates. But here is where air properly filtered from dust will be blowing in to generate the higher air pressure inside the cabinets. Here is also where I will place the drying agent, allowing to have outside air get inside the cabinet while accessing it through the doors of both cabins. This is just a short period of time, while printing can take between many hours up to days. I will also build inside the outer cabin a place where to store filaments for future usage. They will also benefit from the low humidity inside the cabin.

What I do not really understand yet is the cooling of the filament that is fed from the nozzle. I understand why cooling is so important to the extruder module and to getting the applied material coming from the nozzle to solidify and adhere to the layers below. But how can I reduce as much as possible airflow that might negatively impact the printed object.

Also, if closing the top of the inner cabin as can be seen in a youtube video is leaving space for heated air to leave the inner cabin. Does there appear an airflow that might negatively affect the printed object?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login