Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

endstop hit:z after G29

Posted by tofikos2 
endstop hit:z after G29
March 30, 2021 04:37PM
hello

I have one problem with 3d touch, when printer use g29 comand before printing after last probing on lcd screen is displayed "endstop hit: Z" . After this printer start printing but olny firls layer all times (Z axis don't go up).

My filmware : [www.geeetech.com]
My motherboard : GT2560 A+
My start g-code:
M280 P0 S160
M107 ;fan off
G28 ;Home X/Y/Z
G1 Z15.0 F300 ;move the head up 15mm
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 E3 F100 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
M114
G29
G1 Z5 F5000
Re: endstop hit:z after G29
April 14, 2021 02:14AM
It's a very old release of Marlin, 1.02.

It is set to home at minimum positions of x, y and z. But all the motors are set to reverse (configuration.h).

Perhaps you have the motors connected backwards and min and max endstops mixed up?

You don't autocalibrate every print. Do it once, store the settings, should be good for a few prints at least.

Better to try setting the print head in mid position, then do a G29 autocalibrate. If calibrate even works in 1.02.

The probe extends a few mm when calibration starts, and if the nozzle is already at minimum, then the probe can't deploy without hitting the bed.

What you could try doing is using the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h in a more recent release of Marlin, like 1.19. (2 is a bit different).
April 14, 2021 06:13AM
The controller board manual has some details about how you adjust firmware for different homing and movement directions. (Last few pages);-

[www.geeetech.com]

From what you describe, it's just not a good idea to do a G29 (autocalibrate) after a G28 (home). Because then there is a race between the z trying to move up to allow the probe, and the probe extending down.

The probe wins the race, you get the error message, unless you set z to move quicker.

I am assuming you are using an i3 style printer. Z movement very slow on these (which isn't a problem with printing).
April 17, 2021 01:20PM
Thanks for the answer but nothing works
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login