Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help moving from a custom to a commercial printer

Posted by shadowphile 
help moving from a custom to a commercial printer
April 20, 2021 03:53PM
Hi, is this a proper place for this post? I have a 4th generation custom large dual-head delta at home and it is very versatile because I can swap heads/nozzles, etc.
Now I have to select a commercial printer for work and am struggling with flexibility and know-how (me) vs a more user-friendly for others. I guess what I'm looking for is a plug-n-play-ish printer that isn't too dependent on proprietary slicer, filament cartridges, etc.
Any thoughts to help me? There are lots of respected brands like Creality, Pursa, Flash Forge, Ultimaker but hard to tell about things like proprietary print-heads/extruders, etc.
It it is university lab so only senior students and staff will be using and one day I will be gone and sometimes things like this just start collecting dust if they have a problem.
thanks for reading
Re: help moving from a custom to a commercial printer
April 20, 2021 04:32PM
I dont think any will be totally painless but Prusa's seem pretty good from my observations. We have several at work and I have recommended them to a couple people and they appear happy printing PLA and PETG.
Re: help moving from a custom to a commercial printer
April 21, 2021 02:29PM
I just ordered the Prusa Mini so the question is now moot, thanks for the reply!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login