Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y-axis Stepper Motor not working on Creality v4.2.2 board

Posted by Shakthi 
Y-axis Stepper Motor not working on Creality v4.2.2 board
November 30, 2021 02:09AM
Hello, I bought a new Ender 3 which came with a stock creality v4.2.2 board, it worked great for the first 3 months. Now the Y-axis stepper driver just stopped functioning but the printer continues to print in a straight line along the X-axis.

I have tried to use a different stepper motor in that port and tried that motor on a different port, to confirm that it was the stepper driver which is at fault. I flashed the firmware with stock marlin for Ender 3 and surprisingly the motor started to work. Unfortunately it worked only for a few hours and then it reverted back to it's old state of only printing along the X-axis.

Have any of you faced a similar issue, if so what steps should I take now ?
Re: Y-axis Stepper Motor not working on Creality v4.2.2 board
November 30, 2021 06:06AM
You have a faulty stepper driver.
replace the board, or if you good with SMD electronics replace the stepper driver.
December 01, 2021 12:19AM
Thanks a lot @Dust. I think I will try to replace that driver from a different board but is there a way for me to verify that it is the stepper driver and not any other component in the chain to control that specific motor.
December 01, 2021 01:42AM
It is possible the Y step line from the processor is dead instead.

Since you cant swap or even separate components on that board,, no easy way to see,,
You could check for the presence of step pules on the processor pins for that stepper driver..
If they are there and its not moving, the stepper driver is likely dead.
If they are not their it could be either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login