Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to I send G-Code File through serial?

Posted by CDorn 
How to I send G-Code File through serial?
March 03, 2022 07:53AM
So I want to connect my Ramps1.4 Board to my pc and manually send it G-Code.

Instead of using Pronterface or other programs, I'd like to send it myself.
So far I've been using pyserial. I could send individual lines through the serial port, but thats not the ideal.

Ideally I'd like to send many lines of G-Code (or even a whole file). How do I do that?

Cheers
CDorn
VDX
Re: How to I send G-Code File through serial?
March 03, 2022 08:12AM
... I'm mostly using teraterm for sending multiline-macros or files per serial ... or, if reading/reacting to handshake too, write my own "senders" with VisualBasic or Python ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 03, 2022 08:29AM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe I've not been very clear... My problem is that Marlin only reads G-Code commands in the serial.

But I want to send more complex data to the board through the serial. How do I programm Marlin to recieve that?

Ideally I would like to have a classic Arduino-style Serial.read() where I send data to Ramps1.4.
How would I implement such a thing in Marlin?
VDX
March 03, 2022 08:50AM
... if the capability of common G-codes (and M-codes) arent sufficient, then you have to write your own firmware.

By the way - I'm controlling big industrial ultrasonic cleaners with up to 5 vats (+ load and remove zones) and moving ranges with up to 4 meters horizontal and 500mm vertical with a "standard" Marlin4Due (same as Marlin, but config/setup for ArduinoDue) ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

March 03, 2022 09:11AM
Do you have any experience with adapting the Marlin Firmware?
My problem is that the code is difficult to understand.
VDX
March 03, 2022 09:51AM
... I've modified some parts of Marlin4Due for my needs and to "expand" the communication to/from Pronterface ... and added some new M-codes too.

But this was "2 dayjobs back", so actually no time or interest to dive into again eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------

March 03, 2022 09:57AM
Okay can one of your collegues help me with this then...? confused smiley
VDX
March 03, 2022 10:32AM
... best bet could be to wait, if others will come by -- my colleagues are either in different themes ... or maybe even more busy than me for actual reasons smoking smiley

Viktor
--------

March 03, 2022 11:23AM
Okay. Thanks anyway smiling smiley I'll wait then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login