Prototype HEXA printer (6-axis 3D printer similar to DELTA)
April 14, 2022 10:40AM
This is a prototype of a 6-axis 3D printer with a mechanism similar to the DELTA printer. It can control position and orientation and can handle non-planar slices. The mechanism is simple and features interesting movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmTeRKcCM4&t=2s
VDX
Re: Prototype HEXA printer (6-axis 3D printer similar to DELTA)
April 14, 2022 02:24PM
... yes, interesting enough -- the mechanics of this "parallel kinematics" are pretty simple, but the software to calculate and control IK (inverse kinematics) not so easy smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 15, 2022 07:27PM
Yes, I too struggled to solve inverse kinematics. I was not sure if I was right, so I made a prototype. I was happy when I solved it and it worked properly.
August 01, 2022 05:02AM
Wow! Its so interesting
August 10, 2022 02:08AM
You might borrow from GPS reverse solver libraries. They find the intersection of sphere, relevant to HEXA printer.
Douglas
August 24, 2022 04:54AM
Increased the tilt angle from 15 degrees to 45 degrees. I have provided some videos.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
VDX
August 24, 2022 05:47AM
... good idea, but lack of quality - here you have some more steps to go ... but either way, thumbs up! smileys with beer

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login