Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GA3D M1 - an incremental innovative reprap

Posted by Alvon3DprinTor 
GA3D M1 - an incremental innovative reprap
May 15, 2022 03:38PM
Hi all,

I had started a topic in the developer section, but, unfortunately there is few interactions, so I remount the topic in the general forum.

CoreXY crossed concept

here under are my last developments :

unfortunately I'm unable to load a little video of the machine in movement, have a look to my insta account to see it in move.

I hope you'll find it inspiring.

ADG AKA GA3D_tech ------ [www.instagram.com]------ [www.reprap.org] ------ [ga3d.tech]
Re: GA3D M1 - an incremental innovative reprap
August 10, 2022 10:52AM
Hi everybody,

here is a short summary video showing the evolution of my project these last 6 monthes for the interested :

Youtube Short - summary 1/2 year GA3D M1 project

At the moment I'm very happy with the concept of crossed CoreXY geometry. Of course there are still a lot of improvement points.

I have a lot of things to create from this basis this coming fall : 45° printing module, lathe module, wiresaw module, and so on. For the most curious I am mostly active on Instag...

ADG AKA GA3D_tech ------ [www.instagram.com]------ [www.reprap.org] ------ [ga3d.tech]
VDX
August 10, 2022 12:40PM
... thumbs up! smileys with beer

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 11, 2022 04:11AM
I also quite appreciate that you've designed this in FreeCAD
August 11, 2022 05:03AM
Thank a lot for your comments

Concerning FreeCAD it is since 3 years my exclusive CAD for job and personal sideprojects. I've used in the past CATIA v5 and Solidworks, but with FreeCAD I can do the same, even better (now that I know how to use it).

Concerning the concept of the machine I absolutely wanted to have a full 3 axis printing head to be able to add optional module on the bed, like this 45deg module to use only when you need a chain, a long profile, or something that need continous printing. When finished you remove it and have back your normal machine. It avoid to have hundred machine at home : (continous printing, laser cutter, etc...)

December 29, 2022 04:07PM
Hello to all,

I just wanted to report the progress of my little project.

I have upgraded to version 2 of the machine, these features are :

- Crossed CoreXY kinematics
- MGN12H ball rails
- small and handy manual tool changer
- mixed electronics with Ramp1.4 and Raspberry pi, connectors always accessible for easy configuration change

I am now very satisfied with its operation. The next months, I will develop different tools, configurations

To summarize the project, I now say that it is a kind of Opensource CNC Swiss Army Knife

here are some views, pictures, video

I published the source files on github under OHL-w license for those who are interested

Youtube CAD / reality

Timelapse 3Dprinting

Github GA3D M2

March 18, 2023 12:45PM
Hi everybody,

is there anybody interested in a smart low-cost filament changer at the moment ?

I propose an opensource way of doing it "for the poor people like me not buying a "bamboo"...

it still needs development to be 100% efficient

what do you think about it ?

has somebody already tried something similar ?

GA3D smart loading/unloading filament - Youtube short

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2023 12:52PM by Alvon3DprinTor.

March 18, 2023 12:59PM
I'm also slowly but carefully improving the design of my multi-use machine :

I hope it will inspire you too
March 24, 2023 04:23AM
Hello everybody,

and here is a little 45deg infinite printing module with my GA3D Project :

It should help me to print profile and rail in the future.

March 24, 2023 07:51PM
Nice work and interesting filament changer. What do you mean by infinite printing module? The bed raises and ejects the finished print and then re-aligns for the next one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2023 07:51PM by cpus.
VDX
March 25, 2023 12:59AM
... the belt is the "raising" axe, so with rotating the belt, the size/length in this axis is "limitless" -- so you can print as long parts as you wish or as you have space in this direction ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 26, 2023 06:09AM
@VDX, Yes exactly, thank you for the answer

it is just an additional module to make a belt printer, without blocking the machine for the eternity in this particular configuration.

you need it => you place the module on the machine and switch in beltprinting modus.

you are finished with your fabric, chain, rail, sword, or arrow etc... , => just remove your module and come back to the normal

it's true that I could combine both printing mode indeed, I don't see yet the utility, but maybe, we'll see :-)

@cpus : my filament changer is still a "challenge", but I've hard head, damn, I'll make it work 100% soon, I would find really cool to simply change of filament like that, this would allow to get rid of all the gas plants of the moment :-)

June 11, 2023 03:15PM
the project is making good progress

this little video is blowing up the counters on tiktok and instagram, even though everything was there before. people only believe when they see everything pretty and done, it's crazy.

45deg infinite printing module of the GA3D project

I'll soon have finished documenting the construction of the basic machine for those who are interested, and all the info will be available dispatched on my site and the various platforms, or in a concentrated synthetic package for a very small sum on my website.

https://project.ga3d.tech/

stay tuned ! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login