Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silicone heatbed brand suggestion

Posted by efeerdogmus0 
Silicone heatbed brand suggestion
May 21, 2022 03:20PM
I'm looking at 170mm square heater beds and want to buy from well-known brands due to various safety problems. Keenovo looks interesting but they are very expensive sad smiley.
İs there any suggestion??
Re: Silicone heatbed brand suggestion
May 22, 2022 12:57AM
Stop looking for name brands, they are always expensive
May 22, 2022 09:10AM
Whatever heater you use, I suggest you get it without adhesive and use high temperature silicone to mount it. The pressure sensitive adhesive they supply has a tendency to let go after a couple years of heating and cooling.

And don't mount it on a piece of glass.Use a thick aluminum plate to spread the heat.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 22, 2022 11:52AM
Thanks for your answers, I'm in the prototyping process of a 3D printer, and cause of it, I have to use them commercially. Which supplier do you prefer or do you use?
May 23, 2022 01:35AM
I bought a 230V silicone heater from Shenzen Ali Brother Technology several years ago and it is still working well.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 23, 2022 02:39AM
I went with a Keenovo, as its very recommended by the voron users
July 23, 2022 05:43AM
I have always used keenovo after I have had problems with the cheaper heaters. I have had a keenovo on my large machine for over 6 years and its used 6+ hours everyday. It is defiantly worth spending on a higher quality heater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2022 05:44AM by Nikki81.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login