Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

raspberry pi alternatives for octoprint ?

Posted by Nikki81 
raspberry pi alternatives for octoprint ?
July 22, 2022 03:13PM
Hi could any one recommend a raspberry pi alternative that has support for octoprint? As we all know there are no raspberry pi's available because of the chip shortage but i am looking to finish my ratrig build and i have been looking for a pi for months.

Thanks Nikki
VDX
Re: raspberry pi alternatives for octoprint ?
July 22, 2022 06:04PM
... I have some Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX - dunno, if octoprint will run instantly ...

*** Edit *** -- totally forgot - have some UDOO too, but they are older, so maybe not supported anymore?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 06:06PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 24, 2022 01:28PM
Hi Nikki,

in theory octoprint can run on many types of hardware :

https://community.octoprint.org/t/what-hardware-and-os-does-octoprint-officially-support/25435

I've never tried, I imagine it is not so easy to config and to make it fully operational

A good alternative seems to be to be octo4a, it is done to run on an android tablet, old smartphone. This could be a smart recycling way for an old smartphone.

https://github.com/feelfreelinux/octo4a

ADG AKA GA3D_tech ------ [www.instagram.com]------ [www.reprap.org] ------ [ga3d.tech]
VDX
July 24, 2022 02:09PM
... so if it needs Python only, then any of my previous suggestions would work smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 24, 2022 07:29PM
It is not easy to find new hardware that Octoprint will not run on.

Memory 512MB or more, CPU speed 1GHz or more, version of Debian Linux that you can install.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2022 07:31PM by DragonFire.
July 29, 2022 03:16PM
I have temporarily installed this on a old android phone that my sister gave me to fix 2 years ago and i never go round to it eye rolling smiley It seams to run ok and is perfect till i can get a pi4.

Thanks Nikki
August 06, 2022 01:20PM
the pi 400 seems to be in stock.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login