Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this classed a rerap?

Posted by Trickyhicky 
Is this classed a rerap?
April 06, 2023 02:03PM
So I started out two years ago with a bog standard Creality Ender 5 Pro with a 220x220 build plate.

I then upgraded the board to a BTT SKR MINI E3 V2.0 32 Bit Control Board. I found and checked the firmware file, all went well.

I then tried to upgrade the extruder and hot end with the BIQU H2 V2S Extruder For an Ender 5pro. It would turn the extruder but nothing else. (FAIL) Not sure why but then tried the E3D Hemera, a dual-drive extrusion.

This took a little while to get working, turned out that wires needed to be swapped around. (Just thinking out loud "Wonder if this is why the BIQU didn't work properly").

I then tied to find firmware for this setup, without luck, so edit an earlier version of Marline 2.0 that I knew worked on my setup before the trip down the rabbit hole following all install instructions on E3D/ forums/discord etc (but not here) and finally youtube. I can now only print on an area the size of a postage stamp despite the BED_SIZE still being 220x220x300.

So my question returns to the title of this post "Is this classed a ReRap?" or just me F"£%ing it up?

confused smiley
Re: Is this classed a rerap?
April 06, 2023 02:27PM
I'd check steps/mm and microstep settings in the config files.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login