Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

compiling marlin 2.1.2 for BTT SKR MINI E3 V3.0 board

Posted by wildone 
compiling marlin 2.1.2 for BTT SKR MINI E3 V3.0 board
April 08, 2023 02:54PM
I purchased a new board with included display to upgrade my printer from an MKS Gen L V1.0 8 bit board to a newer 32 bit board.
Board: BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3 V3.0
Display: BigTreeTech TFT35 E3 V3.0.1

BTT sells this as a unit.
Marlin firmware has a default firmware already built for this board Firmware-Ender3.bin, so I am sure the firmware can be properly built for it.

My issue is that my printer is a delta so I need to compile the firmware for the board and cannot use the ender firmware which is cartesian.

I am trying to setup the config and compile it but it continually errors with messages that seem related to the display.
First there were messages about modified wiring which I as able to remove when I added
```
#define DIAG_JUMPERS_REMOVED
#define NO_CONTROLLER_CUSTOM_WIRING_WARNING
```
into configuration.h

Then I got messages about missing definitions for TOUCH_MISO_PIN, TOUCH_MOSI_PIN, TOUCH_CS_PIN, and TOUCH_SCK_PIN.

I got past those but now am getting error messages from TFT_IO.
The first few are :
```
Compiling .pio/build/STM32G0B1RE_btt/src/src/feature/controllerfan.cpp.o
In file included from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/../../feature/../lcd/tft_io/touch_calibration.h:25,
from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/../../feature/../lcd/marlinui.h:31,
from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/../../feature/tmc_util.h:25,
from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/trinamic.h:35,
from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/indirection.h:40,
from Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper.h:47,
from Marlin/src/feature/babystep.cpp:31:
Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/../../feature/../lcd/tft_io/tft_io.h:33:4: error: #error "TFT IO only supports SPI, FSMC or LTDC interface."
33 | #error "TFT IO only supports SPI, FSMC or LTDC interface."
| ^~~~~
Marlin/src/feature/../module/stepper/../../feature/../lcd/tft_io/tft_io.h:37:4: error: #error "MAX_DMA_SIZE is not configured for this platform."
37 | #error "MAX_DMA_SIZE is not configured for this platform."
| ^~~~~
```

The display used at present is the CR10_STOCKDISPLAY, though it seems every supported display for this board gives similar errors.

I have never previously used marlin since the MKS board worked fine with repetier firmware and it has been rock solid for over 4 years.
New board, new firmware, and having problems.

Any suggestions or advice on getting past these rocks?

I can provide any additional info requested, including the Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files if needed.

Thanks to all who may be able to assist.
Re: compiling marlin 2.1.2 for BTT SKR MINI E3 V3.0 board
April 08, 2023 08:32PM
you have tried enabling some sort of directly marlin controlled tft display, probabbly BTT_TFT35_SPI_V1_0 with TOUCH_SCREEN

but this is not what you have.

This TFT display is not directly controlled by marlin. it is a serial device with cr10 emulation.

In firmware you setup CR10_STOCKDISPLAY and a serial port set to 2, that is all this display requires.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2023 08:34PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login