Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis wont move, y axis acts strangely

Posted by Hobbes20xx 
Z axis wont move, y axis acts strangely
July 09, 2011 08:29PM
Hey guys, so i feel as if im soo close to actually printing something. When i send the Gcode to the printer however, my y axis shoots 10mm from the print bed, and my z axis wont move! (x works fine though) Im using Sprinter, RAMPS v 1.3, Skeinforge to convert this file to my printer, when i change the .stl to Gcode it doesnt look as if the z axis is being told to move (attached). Im gonna post my firmware config.h just for anyone who needs to see....
Attachments:
open | download - 40mmcube_export.gcode (262.5 KB)
open | download - configuration.h (6 KB)
Re: Z axis wont move, y axis acts strangely
July 09, 2011 09:25PM
Have you un-commented the Ramps 1.3 section of "pins.h" in sprinters folder? If not it is set for Ramps 1.2 as the default.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
July 10, 2011 02:47PM
Yep. when i jog them using RepG or pronterface they move in the proper directions..
Attachments:
open | download - pins.h (13.6 KB)
July 10, 2011 03:06PM
Strange the Gcode looks good it has z going up in .4mm layers. I don't use sprinter but I wonder if you need to enable Limit in skeinforge for your Z axis and set it to say 1 or 2 mm/s.

As for your other issue, You have negative movements which could be your problem make sure you have your build areas center in the multiply tab of skeinforge set to the correct place for your machine ( looks like 110 x 110 for you ) and make sure its enabled. This moves the part from being centered at 0 x 0 to the center of your build platform.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
July 10, 2011 03:47PM
Well, i just tried recalibrating the prusa to see if that makes diference, before going on to your idea... now that i recalibrated, that gcode makes my motors lock up beacuse it looks as if they are being pulsed to fast. you can see the massive difference after calibration in my new config.h is there a way to stop this in skeinforge?
Attachments:
open | download - configuration.h (6 KB)
July 10, 2011 04:23PM
Config

//Calibration variables
float x_steps_per_unit = 80.376;
float y_steps_per_unit = 2666; <<<<------ This looks wrong
float z_steps_per_unit = 76;
float e_steps_per_unit = 600;
float max_feedrate = 200000; //mmm, acceleration!
float max_z_feedrate = 120;

The X and Y should be close to the same if not exactly the same. Unless the pulleys are drastically different in size.

Your original Config file also has them both really different x 80.376 and y 800 which looks wrong.

Since Y worked originally I would try setting both of them to 800 then use [calculator.josefprusa.cz] and prontofaces jog panel to fine tune them individually.

July 11, 2011 01:22PM
float z_steps_per_unit looks too low as well, looks like Y and Z are swapped.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 12, 2011 08:28AM
your right nophead :/ hehe woops switched them, recalibrated, now i can print! just did a test block, thanks guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login