Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermistor Tables - Honeywell 135-104LAF-J01

Posted by plamari 
Thermistor Tables - Honeywell 135-104LAF-J01
July 27, 2011 03:45AM
Was wondering if anyone had any luck/no luck with the table for the Honeywell 135-104LAG-J01 thermistor(as listed here).

I have the 135-104LAF-J01 thermistor (note the F as opposed to G) which I assume is very similar, if not the same, as there is supposed to be some interchangeability for this (any?) series, between the specified temp range (ie the only difference is one is 5% tolerance, while the other is 10%).

I am running Gen 6 Electronics, and with this table (and another similar from online somewhere else) I appear to be getting temperature of 150C for when PLA starts to freely extrude, which is ok as I "know" that is at that point, but is a bit dodgy.

Short of an issue with the tables, It could be an issue with the placement of the thermistor on the block. I have a Mendel-Parts V6 nozzle, which I have broken too many bead thermistors for it, so being frustrated with that, I have replaced the glass bead with this thermistor instead. To include it, I have drilled into one vertical edge of the block at an angle, such that this new thermistor is enclosed in brass, but the wires are completely free of the block. (might add photo at some point if this sounds like the issue). It is rather close to the edge of the block, so could be cooler, but 40C seems a bit much of a differential. It is also super snugg, so there is good contact.

Cheers. Thanks.

Peter
Re: Thermistor Tables - Honeywell 135-104LAF-J01
July 27, 2011 07:48AM
The glass bead thermistors have dumet wires, which are low thermal conductivity. It would not surprise me if the normal leaded type read low if the wires are cooler than the block. After all, you have glass between the block and the active sensor, which is mounted on the metal leads.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 02, 2011 02:13AM
Thanks nophead,

While its something that I had never really considered, it does actually sound quite logical. The leads are described at "copper-clad, steel leads" so thats probably not ideal.

Given that that would most likely be whats going on, I might try live with it for while, then next time I have to pull my hot end apart I will reconsider - and/or go back to beaded thermistors. I have insulated the leads with some high temp gasket/silicon stuff, so maybe that can keep it steady at least.

Cheers
August 02, 2011 04:43AM
I think that is what dumet wire is. An inner steel wire that gives strength but is a poor conductor of heat and a thin copper plating to give it low electrical resistance. I guess they might be ticker leads than the glass bead variety though.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login