Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Google Patent search

Posted by brucew 
Google Patent search
February 14, 2008 08:51PM
I have been looking at the Patents on FDM latly (since I am waiting for parts from Zach). I started on the us patent search and was slowly saving them as PDF files then I found a better search I thought everybody should know about.

www.google.com/patents

start by typing in stratasys and take a look it shows the links and you can download or just read them. I was working on a cd but now forget it with the google search..

Bruce
Re: Google Patent search
February 15, 2008 05:03PM
Oh sh_t! smiling smiley

One of the best websites I have seen (besides this of course)!

Thanks!

/Wretan
February 15, 2008 06:12PM
Thank you for the Google patent site info. It has help isolate and correct some of the information that has been needed on several of my projects.

It is by all means clear and complete with the first patents being from about 1802. Talk about holding a background in our industrial revolution.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
February 15, 2008 08:44PM
Thanks,
I thought I did not find anything to big when nobody posted all day.

I have been using the US patent site for a few years on my other hobby
(Steam Cars) that was is a slow process the Google site is a ton better.

and it is helping me over come some issues with my Repstrap. I all ways to love learn from somebody else's work.

Bruce
February 15, 2008 10:55PM
Bruce - have you seen the video from Jay Leno's garage about his Doble and Stanly steamer cars? I also have links to the Doble blueprints from the museum in California. By the way the boiler that I am making is a Doble/Lamont design to generate steam for electrical power generation.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
February 16, 2008 10:17AM
Bob,
I have seen a few videos of Jay he has a nice collection. There are a lot of big family collections here in New England. It is too bad that the cost of cars is so high and that there are fewer pepole who know how to run them each year..

I would love to see the blue prints for the Doble engine there is a group here on the east cost working on a doble for a dragstar. This is what draw me to Reprap I have a 18 inch coupla and was looking for a easy way to make part molds..
are you a member of SACA or the Stanley museum?

Bruce
February 16, 2008 01:30PM
Have you seen the documents at:

[www.oac.cdlib.org]

It seems that they have a large number of documents from Doble Steam Motors

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
February 16, 2008 02:41PM
I have not seen this.

I do know Jim Crank was working on a book. He owns what I belive to be the biggest collection of Dobles.. Man prices for even newer Stanleys (735 1925) are going for 100K plus?? It is getting sad and even father out of reach of the middle class person... You would think with less interest it would go back down? I guess they are now more museum pieces the collector cars.. I do know the Stanley museum is not doing very well... And more of the famialy collections are being split up and sold..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login